The goals of COPEWELL are to provide communities a way to understand resilience and its influencers, assess community functioning and resilience, and spark action to enhance functioning and resilience.
To achieve these goals, the COPEWELL project team has:
- Developed a conceptualization of resilience, based on community functioning
- Developed a computational model, based on system dynamics
- Identified, collected, and evaluated measures to populate the computational model, at the county level
- Developed a set of self-assessment rubrics and associated implementation guides to complement the measures and the model
- Curated a set of toolkits, documents, and guides to help address gaps and strengthen community functioning and resilience
- Engaged stakeholders in a variety of settings to ensure COPEWELL’s utility.